Monday, May 10, 2010

Berlin for the weekend

I went to Berlin on May 7-9, and it was soo much fun. We stayed at this cute Bed and Breakfast called the Berliner. Which only has I think 6 rooms. There were 5 beds in our room, the biggest of all of them. There were four of us, and we only spent 20 euros a night each, which was very good! We also got breakfast, Maria the lady who ran the Berliner was so nice, she gave us a ton of options for food. Where we could cook our own food, have break, coffee, etc.. I would definatly recommend it to anyone on a budget. For dinner that night, since we came off of the train around 7 ish, we chose to eat at an Italian restaurant which was great!
The next day of our trip we had a wonderful breakfast, then we went on the Fat Tire bike All city tour around Berlin. It was 5 hours and we stopped at a Beer Garten and had lunch. We got to see all the cites, and know history and information on where we were stopping. We saw some cool places that I don't think you would find. We saw where Hilter had his bunker that he hid in, now its a parking lot haha. Also knowing the different guys in the walk signals was pretty cool. For dinner we wanted Mexican food (maybe it was only me that really wanted it), so our awesome tour guide Cate told us of a place to go to. Its called Maria Peligro! It was so good! At the time we were seated we were the only customers there. We were giving free water! And chips and salsa! Then the cook asked us if we could have our food photographed, because a couple of guys were there doing an article for the NY Times. Which means, food photographed, food looks even better than it might of AND bigger portions! So our food is famous! And they made a margarita for the shoot, which we were given for free, and also a Corona, and chips and dip! We were in heaven, and it was the best Mexican food that I have had outside of California and Mexico! So that says a lot about the quality because in Germany the Mexican is not good. Later that night we went back to some sights to take pictures. There is the Hotel Aldon, which is the hotel that Michael Jackson hung his son out of the window. We asked the people at the hotel if they knew which room it was, and they showed us! Now we have pictures : ) Then we were craving ice cream and had some! Yummm... At one of the tourist shops near by I saw these cheesy visors for sale! 50 cents! So I convinced Kim to buy one with me and we started taking funny pictures at every know cite! It was soo much fun! Berlin was not what I expected, I liked it and loved hearing more english (because its a bigger city).
On our last day we went to more cites, and took pictures. I finally tried a Berliner in Berlin, and now I can finally say I have! It was nice to get a taste of it, but not sure if I need to go back again for a longer amount of time. I did like seeing the Berlin Wall, and I even bought a piece of it to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment