Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1st

So since being in Germany I have always wonder when walking by a Starbucks if you can still get free water from them. In the United States, at any Starbucks, even at the airports, you can get free water. So I went with Chenin to Bonn and we ended up going to Starbucks. It was perfect, so I asked, and YES they give you free water as well. I am so excited about this because here and everywhere in Europe you have to pay for everything. So now Im going to Starbucks to get my water! Also today is May 1st. In my family we normally put flowers in front of our friends and family's door step. Here its like our Labor Day and a July 4th mix. Its a public holiday, which was an inconvenience for Chenin and I who were trying to buy groceries because every Sunday grocery stores are closed. So today they were closed as well and we are very low on food, haha. But the restaurants are still open. We (the international students and I) went to the Island, which is just over the bridge. It was kind of like a mini carnival with little kid rides, food stands, and live music. Then at 10:20 pm there were fireworks, and on the Rhine there were dinner boats lit up and seeing the fireworks as they went down the river. It was a lot of fun, and its going to be a little bit sad missing the July 4th. I played this dart game against Chenin and Pyry. We each got 15 or 16 darts, I can't remember. And I got 11! And Pyry got 8. But Chenin didn't mention her score haha so I don't think it was that good : )

No comments:

Post a Comment