Saturday, April 17, 2010

Amsterdam! Day 3

April 11- Today is our last day in Amsterdam. I was so happy to stay at a Marriott, the beds were so comfortable and we probably won't be experiencing that luxury of traveling throughout our trips, because of budget. We decided to eat at a pancake place, which I guess is popular to eat there, but I was kind of disappointed, not what I was expecting or wanted. Today we went to Anne Frank's house, which today is also Holocaust remembrance day. What an experience to be in Amsterdam for this day. After seeing Anne Frank's house we went to the Heineken Brewery. It was an awesome experience, paying 15 euros was worth it! We got a bracelet for 2 free drinks, and during the tour we got to taste another one! After that we found the I AMSTERDAM sign and took pictures with it~ It was great! Then we bought souvenirs, I gave Mark glow in the stars to put on his ceiling. So I gave him one from Germany to add to his collection, and then I found some in Amsterdam. I am going to give him one from Amsterdam to add to his collection. So when have the stars up, we are looking at the same ones ( i have one from each above my bed) some 5000 miles away from each other. Also I bought a coffee mug, because every place I go, I collect one from each place. Of course I got a ton of postcards! And for some reason Chenin just had to have chocolate before leaving. So she bought at a stand, a Milka bar for 3 EUROS!!!!! CRAZY! Haha. Then we left for Bad Honnef, Germany. Amsterdam was a great trip and I would love to go back sometime. I love the culture, and how there are bikes everywhere! They even have their own biking lanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment